[April 27]--The Best News They’ve Never Heard! Part Ten: What next?

I’d like to end this little mini-series with a story, a method, and a quote. I don’t know about the accuracy, but it really illustrates my point:

D.L. Moody, one of the greatest and most effective evangelists of the last century, once got into a discussion with a woman about his style of evangelizing, which some people complained was too pushy or too in-your-face. “I don’t like your methods very much, Mr. Moody,” she told him. “I’m not sure I like them all that much either. Why don’t you tell me your method and maybe we can learn from each other?” “I don’t have a method,” she answered. His reply: "On second thought, I like my method better."

What’s my point with that story? The sorriest method of sharing Christ is better than no method. In that spirit, one method I’ve used over the years is on a link found on the left side of the page. I've heard it called one-verse evangelism. I certainly can’t claim authorship, and I can’t give the original source. If you find it helpful, then great. If you have a better method, then more power to you (literally).

And here’s my quote from Dr. Walter Martin: “As far as Satan is concerned, the next best thing to a damned soul is a silent Christian.”

Lord Jesus, I can talk about anything. I can talk about hockey, the weather, the restaurant I just went to, everything under the sun. Except you, the most important Person in my life, the greatest thing that's ever happened to me. Please forgive me, and unzip my lips.

No comments:

Post a Comment